The answers to the most frequently asked questions regarding eLocks and LockView software.
1. What is the temperature monitoring range? (top)
Standard is -40° C to 100° C & Ultra Low is -100° C to -40° C
2. Will the eLock automatically log temperatures at certain times? (top)
Yes. The facility’s administrator can decide how often to record temperatures.
4. Is it possible to create a daily temperature log report without having to use LockView? (top)
Yes. eReports, a LockView option, automatically creates and sends temperature data reports from eLocks on a programmable interval to a list of recipient email addresses as well as saving to a local hard drive.
6. Can anyone silence or shut off the alarm? (top)
No. Only authorized personnel can do so.
8. Is there a place to make notes for an out-of-temperature event? (top)
Yes. LockView will prompt you to enter a note in the ‘Alarm Notes Entry’ section. Notes entered for an out-of-temperature alarm will also become part of the temperature log.
9. I would like to monitor all temperature monitoring eLocks at one time, is this possible? (top)
Yes (300 Series only). In ‘Notifier Set up’, click compliance dashboard on the bottom left. The compliance dashboard provides the LockView operator a current and historical quick look at temperature, door position, and network status and battery level of all eLocks in the database. Note: in order to see the most current data, the ‘auto refresh screens’ box should be chosen in settings
10. Is it possible to upgrade a non-network temperature monitoring eLock (200 Series) to network eLock using an Ethernet connection? (top)
No. You will need to purchase a network version – Wi-Fi or Ethernet – if you would like network connectivity.
11. I have a Wi-Fi temperature monitoring eLock in an area with poor Wi-Fi reception; can I convert my Wi-Fi eLock to an Ethernet connection? (top)
12. I have a Wi-Fi temperature monitoring eLock in an area with poor Wi-Fi reception; can I use a stronger antenna? (top)
Yes. There is a provision for allowing an external antenna to be connected to the eLock.
14. Is it possible to purchase a network eLock that monitors temperature only? (top)
Yes. The temperature only eLock part number is WS-KP-TMP-MO-V for Wi-Fi and ES-KP-TMP-MO-V for Ethernet. This option is also available for Ultra-Low freezers.
15. Are NIST traceable certificates available? (top)
Yes, for an additional charge, the eLocks can be sent with NIST traceable certificates.
This is only a fraction of CompX eLock options. CompX Security Products has the design and engineering capabilities to meet specific application needs. Contact us for more information or call 847-752-2500. Or click to compare eLock versions.
CompX Security Products
Phone: 847.752.2500 | Fax: 847.752.2419
715 Center St., Grayslake, IL 60030